Mio Carbon (Design 2018)
Even lighter than its predecessor
Small, agile light weight wheelchair for children
The carbon equipment (seat plate, firm curved back plate as well as active side guards and footplate made of sturdy carbon) and other parts, which are now made of sturdy aluminum, make the newMio Carbon (Design 2018)an ultra-light children’s wheelchair. This new lightweight wheelchair is the reliable companion in therapy and everyday life for power-reduced children and offers thereby the possibility to grow with the patient and many equipment possibilities.
- Weight optimized child active wheelchair for early support (starting at 12 months)
- Made individually for you
- Ideal adaptation to the needs of its users
- Seat plate, firm curved back plate, active side guards and foot plate made of ultra-light carbon
- Screws and other parts made mostly from sturdy aluminum rather than steel
- Two frame options: retro or taurus frame with the greatest possible abduction
- Option to grow in three dimensions
- Countless color, fabric and equipment options
Ultra-light carbon wheelchair thanks to carbon equipment
Apart from the carbon equipment some steel parts have been replaced by sturdy aluminum on theMio Carbon Design 2018which makes theMio Carbon (Design 2018)even lighter than its predecessor. The carbon wheelchair offers a clear weight advantage with this, compared to other aids, which gives power-reduced children the possibility to drive their wheelchair themselves. A further advantage of the low basic weight is that urgent needed equipment can be added without increasing the total weight of the wheelchair too much. When it comes to care, it is important to keep the strain on small users a slow as possible so that the children can move the wheelchair smoothly.
Out of the stroller – into independent mobility. The “want to be mobile“ has been with us since birth. In order to avoid possible consequential damage, independent movement is essential even in the case of limited physical conditions and must be supported as early as possible (as early as 12 months). The newMio Carbon (Design 2018)offers children exactly this as a light carbon wheelchair, to move independently and explore the world.
Two frame versions Taurus and Retro
Just as with our carbon wheelchairMio (Design 2018)theMio Carbon (Design 2018)also has two frame versions. Why? Both different frame versions (taurus frame and retro frame) don’t only have a design function, but also support different therapeutic approaches: The taurus frame offers more legroom thanks to the open frame shape and getting in and out sideways is made possible. Furthermore, it is possible to get closer to tables or other objects with the wheelchair. The retro frame on the other hand can be used as help to get in (for example, by using the upper frame as a handle) and also provides lateral guidance. Discuss with your doctor or therapist which frame shape is the best solution for your child’s therapy and transport in everyday life.
Can grow without additional parts
The ultra-light children’s wheelchairMio Carbon (Design 2018)can grow 2 cm in seat width, at least 4 cm in seat depth and up to 5 cm in back height without additional parts and in only a few steps.
|Technichal details||Mio Carbon (Design 2018)|
|Seat width||18 – 30 cm (+ 2 cm)|
|Seat depth||18 – 30 cm (+ 4 cm)|
|Back height||17.5 – 35 cm (+ 5 cm)|
|Lower leg length||15 – 30 cm|
|Weight capacity||50 kg|
|Wheel sizes||18″, 20″, 22″, 24″|
|Caster sizes||4″ and 5″|
|Wheel camber||7°, 9°, 11°|
With the Mio Carbon we designed an aid that exactly meets the needs and principles of early childhood rehabilitation: Mio Carbon allows the fostering of the child’s physical, cognitive and perceptional processes at exactly the time that the developing body is by nature prepared for these decisive steps.
All foundations for autonomous mobility – such as upright sitting, crawling, standing and walking – are normally built at an age from approx. 12 to 18 months. If bodily impediments restrict this “normal” development, the Mio Carbon allows fully activating and fulfilling the child’s potential for movement and mobility. All possible forms of consequential damage may thus be avoided in good time. With Mio Carbon, e.g. an effective stimulation of the equilibrium organ can be achieved, where an otherwise missing stimulation could lead to a very restricted development of the child’s autonomous and conscious muscular tonus. Thanks to a combination of upright posture and self-determined mobility, Mio Carbon guarantees an effective foundation for the later development of gross and fine motor skills, without overstraining its little user.
Due to its optimized lightweight and compact construction, Mio Carbon grants a smooth and easy handling in therapy and daily life at all times. Anatomically formed seat and back cushions perfectly support the child’s upright posture without restraining their urge to move. And the flexibility of the back unit allows an easy adjustment of the perfect seat position for an energy-saving, active or stable handling. This way the child’s muscular tonus is trained up playfully and unconsciously while Mio Carbon’s little users curiously explore a world that is gradually growing with them.
自从绪碳可生长的所有维度,this activity chair also contributes to the necessity of long-term cost reductions in the health service sector. And thanks to its clever and stylish design, this chair is more than just an “aid”; Mio Carbon is a reliable and loyal companion in the challenges of therapy and the adventures of daily life.
- Rigid aluminum frame with a v-shaped abduction
- 可生长的座位宽度(2厘米),座位深度(最低。4cm) and back height (5 cm)
- Frame versions taurus or retro
- Back angle from 80 – 120° freely adjustable
- Sitting position for active driving easy and steplessly adaptable
- Seat plate aluminum for optimal pelvic support, by request with seat inclination
- Standard wheels, lightweight wheels or profile wheels with built in hand rims, each with quick-release axles, pneumatic or puncture proof
- Cable control brake built in to wheel cover
- Casters with aluminum fork in different variants
- Many different color variations: shiny, metallic, coarse and dormant
Further equipment components
- Anatomically formed seat and back units
- Seat and back cushion in many different colors
- Height and angle adjustable push handles or push bail
- Different positioning aids (head rests and abduction wedge)
- Hundreds of different spoke covers
- Outdoor-Front-End and special tires
- Therapy table and drinking bottle
- Transport bracket system
- Anodized color package
- Anti-tipper and much more…
Required option not found? We’re here to help!
Further options can be found on our order form or ask our technicians directly.